My sister Lydia sent me these beautiful pictures that she and her husband Ray took on a recent hike with two friends to Lake O’Hara in Yoho National Park. The pictures are so beautiful that I look at them over and over again.
I want to be able to hike in nature, like these folks. I want to be in great physical shape too like these folks.
But… I resist walking outside in the rain. I don’t feel like jumping on the trampoline when it’s wet outside. I’m even reluctant to drag my butt off the chair and do a set of tai chi in the multi-purpose room.
However, I AM willing to move past my resistance. One powerful way to create what I want [good health and fitness] is to get into the feeling of already having it. So I decide to use these beautiful pictures to inspire me.
I know that the key to getting what I want is to focus on, not only what I want, but on what it would feel like to already have it.
As I feel and savor each delicious thought, letting the good feelings grow, I am drawing towards me what I want.
It is the astonishing power of feelings that is the real magnetic pull in the manifesting process. [More on feelings and law of attraction here]
What do I want? A strong, vibrant, resilient and healthy body!
So how would I feel if I had a strong, vibrant, resilient and healthy body?
- I would feel energetic, like the energizer bunny with a battery that just keeps going and going.
- I would feel flexible and strong, with knees that bend with ease like fluid, well-oiled pistons.
- I would feel powerful, with mighty leg muscles that could help me leap big rocks with ease and agility.
- I would feel invincible, my heart and lungs pumping and expanding easily to meet all physical challenges with ease.
- I would feel balanced, scampering and scrambling over rocks like a sure-footed mountain goat.
- I would feel graceful and agile, able to plant my feet firmly and lightly, securing a hold that supports my body.
- I would feel limber, my well-coordinated body moving gracefully and purposefully.
- I would feel awestruck; my spirit would delight in the breathtaking sights of mountains dusted with snow, leaves of every shade of green, yellow, orange and red, and wild flowers of blue, pink and violet
- I would feel loved; my heart would rejoice in the company of the friends who join me on this journey.
- I would feel completely alive, intoxicated by the sweet aroma of flowers, trees, and the mountain air.
- I would feel weightless, my head floating on my neck like a helium balloon with a happy face on it.
- I would feel joyful, loving the sounds of birds chirping, leaves rustling and laughter ringing wild and free.
- I would feel high on life, my senses heightened and tuned into Source.
- I would feel expansive and expressive, my voice vibrant and lusty with song.
- I would feel thrilled and exhilarated by my accomplishment.
“The hills are alive with the sound of music…”
I wanted to inspire myself to move my body from a grand vision and now I have; I feel inspired to act. I’m inspired to do a set of tai chi or hike the Houston Trail (it’s not much of a hike, but it’s a start!)
When I follow my inspiration I always feel good; it’s easier to get to a vision, in this case, a strong, vibrant, resilient and healthy body.
I intend to be in good shape by the time hiking season comes around again. Heck, I may even be ready by the time cross-country ski season gets here.
Now it’s your turn.
What do you want to be, or do, or have? Ask yourself how it feels.
- How does it feel to be at your ideal weight?
- How does it feel to have enough money to do whatever you want?
- How does it feel to have a partner who adores you?
Allow yourself to get into the feeling of already having achieved your heart’s desire. Rev it up with more good feeling thoughts, as I have done above. Let those wonderful feelings inspire you and lift your spirits.
Rise up, take the inspired actions that feel good, and soar the way you were meant to… right into your vision!